As the class of 2023 prepares to graduate, it’s time to start planning for the most exciting and celebratory event of the year: the graduation party! Graduation parties are an important rite of passage that marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. They are a chance for graduates to let loose and celebrate their accomplishments with their friends and family.
In 2023, graduation parties will be even more significant as the world continues to recover from the pandemic. After months of lockdowns and social distancing, people are eager to come together and celebrate in person. This year’s graduation parties will be especially meaningful as we reflect on the resilience and perseverance of the class of 2023.
One trend that is sure to be popular in 2023 is the use of virtual reality entertainment. As technology continues to advance, more and more people are looking for immersive and interactive experiences that can transport them to different worlds. VR rentals, such as those provided by Los Virtuality, are a great way to add a unique and exciting element to your graduation party. With virtual reality games and experiences, you can take your guests on a thrilling adventure and create memories that will last a lifetime. So, if you’re looking for a way to make your graduation party stand out in 2023, be sure to consider virtual reality entertainment as one of your options.
1. Graduation party activities and games
When it comes to planning a graduation party, one of the most important aspects is the activities and games that you choose to entertain your guests. The right activities can take your celebration to the next level and create a fun and memorable experience for everyone involved. Here are a few graduation party activities and games that you might want to consider:
- Classic outdoor games: If you’re having an outdoor graduation party, you can’t go wrong with classic games like cornhole, ladder toss, or giant Jenga. These games are easy to set up and can be enjoyed by guests of all ages.
- Virtual Reality games: As mentioned earlier, virtual reality games are becoming increasingly popular for graduation parties. Los Virtuality’s VR rentals can offer an unmatched gaming experience that your guests won’t forget. With VR Escape Rooms, VR Laser Tag, and Racing Simulators, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for an unforgettable experience.
- Photo booth: A photo booth is a great way to capture memories from your graduation party. You can rent a traditional photo booth or even set up a DIY photo booth using a backdrop and props.
- Karaoke: If you have a group of friends who love to sing, a karaoke machine is a great addition to your party. You can find karaoke machines for rent or even set up a YouTube karaoke station for free.
- Board games: Board games are a classic activity that can be enjoyed by guests of all ages. Set up a game station with a few popular board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, or Settlers of Catan.
As for specific graduation game ideas, VR Laser Tag from Los Virtuality‘s VR rentals is an excellent option. It offers an immersive, team-based game that will have your guests feeling like they’re in a high-stakes laser tag arena. Another popular option is VR Escape Rooms, which can offer a thrilling and challenging experience for guests.
No matter what activities and games you choose, be sure to keep your guests’ preferences in mind and create an atmosphere of fun and excitement. With the right mix of entertainment, your graduation party will be a hit!
2. Graduation party entertainment
Entertainment is an essential component of any graduation party. Whether it’s a photo booth or live music, your guests will appreciate the effort you put into making the celebration enjoyable. Here are a few graduation party entertainment ideas to consider:
- Photo booth: A photo booth is a classic and popular entertainment option for any party. It’s a great way to capture memories and provide guests with a fun activity. You can rent a traditional photo booth, or even set up a DIY photo booth using a backdrop and props.
- Live music: A live band or solo artist can add great energy to your graduation party. Choose a genre that you know your guests will enjoy, whether it’s jazz, pop, or rock.
- DJ services: If live music is not your thing, a DJ can provide an excellent alternative. They can play a mix of popular songs and take song requests, making it easy to keep the dance floor full.
- Virtual Reality entertainment: As mentioned earlier, virtual reality is becoming increasingly popular for graduation parties. Los Virtuality‘s VR rental can offer unique and immersive entertainment options that your guests will love. With VR Escape Rooms, VR Laser Tag, and Racing Simulators, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for an unforgettable experience.
- Magicians or other performers: If you want to add a bit of magic to your graduation party, consider hiring a magician or other performer. They can offer a unique and interactive experience for your guests.
No matter what entertainment options you choose, be sure to keep your guests’ preferences in mind and create an atmosphere of fun and excitement. By providing unique and exciting entertainment, you can create a graduation party that your guests will never forget.
3. Graduation theme
Having a graduation theme can add an extra level of excitement to your party and make it even more memorable. Here are some graduation theme ideas to consider:
- School spirit: Showcase your school pride by incorporating your school’s colors and mascot into your decorations. You could even have your guests dress in your school’s colors.
- Retro graduation: Throw it back to your parents’ or grandparents’ graduation by having a retro theme. Think about incorporating vintage decorations, such as old yearbooks or graduation caps and gowns.
- Beach party: If you’re looking for a summer vibe, consider a beach-themed graduation party. You could decorate with seashells, beach balls, and beach towels.
- Hollywood glamour: Make your graduation party feel like a red-carpet event by having a Hollywood glamour theme. This could include decorations like gold stars, red carpets, and movie posters.
- Travel: A travel theme could be a great way to celebrate the end of your high school journey and the start of new adventures. Decorate with maps, suitcases, and pictures of famous landmarks.
Incorporating a theme into your graduation party can make it more cohesive and visually appealing. Choose a theme that you love, and let it inspire your decorations, food, and even activities. Don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with it!
4. Hosting a graduation party
Hosting a graduation party can be a lot of fun, but it also requires some planning and organization to make sure everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips and tricks for hosting a successful graduation party:
- Plan ahead: Give yourself plenty of time to plan the party. Start by setting a date and time that works for you and your guests, and then make a list of everything you need to do, such as ordering food, decorations, and entertainment.
- Manage the guest list: Determine how many people you can comfortably host, and then create a guest list. Make sure to send out invitations well in advance so your guests have plenty of notice.
- Avoid over-crowding: Consider hosting the party in a space that can accommodate all of your guests. You want everyone to have a good time, so make sure there is enough room for people to move around and mingle.
- Keep it simple: Don’t feel like you have to go over the top with your decorations, food, or activities. Choose a few key elements that you know your guests will enjoy, and focus on making those really special.
- Don’t forget the details: It’s the little things that can make a big difference. Make sure to have enough seating for your guests, and provide some shade if you’re hosting the party outside. Also, make sure to have plenty of plates, cups, and utensils on hand.
- Be a good host: Remember that you are the host, and it’s your job to make sure your guests are comfortable and having a good time. Make sure to greet everyone as they arrive, introduce people who don’t know each other, and be available to answer any questions your guests may have.
- Avoid common mistakes: Don’t forget to take into account the dietary restrictions or allergies of your guests when ordering food. Also, avoid serving alcohol to minors and make sure there is adequate supervision for any younger guests.
By following these tips, you can host a successful graduation party that your guests will remember for years to come.
5. Food and Must-haves
Food is an important element of any celebration, and graduation parties are no exception. When it comes to deciding on what to serve, it’s important to consider your guests’ preferences and dietary restrictions. Here are some graduation party food ideas to consider:
- Snack bars: Set up a snack bar with different types of snacks such as chips, popcorn, and pretzels. You can also add candy and other treats to the mix.
- DIY food stations: Consider having a DIY food station where guests can make their own tacos, sandwiches, or even pizzas.
- Desserts: Graduation-themed cupcakes, cookies, and cakes are always a hit.
In addition to food, there are some must-haves for a successful graduation party. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Decorations: Set the tone for your graduation party with decorations that match your chosen theme. Balloons, streamers, and personalized banners are always popular choices.
- Party favors: Give your guests a little something to remember your celebration. Graduation-themed favors like keychains, pens, or photo frames make for great party favors.
- Personalized gifts: Consider giving the graduate a personalized gift such as a custom-made photo album or a personalized t-shirt with their graduation year or you can give them a gift card to Los Virtuality – Virtual Reality Gaming Center.
By including these must-haves, you can create a memorable graduation party that your guests will love.
6. Graduation Party Etiquette
Graduation parties are a fun and exciting way to celebrate the graduate’s accomplishments, but it’s important to follow proper etiquette. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when attending or hosting a graduation party:
- Gift-giving: If you’re attending a graduation party, it’s customary to bring a gift for the graduate. The amount of money to give as a graduation gift can vary depending on your relationship with the graduate. Family members or close friends may give more, while acquaintances may give less. A good rule of thumb is to give what you can afford, with a minimum of $20-$50.
- RSVP: When you receive an invitation to a graduation party, make sure to RSVP as soon as possible. This will help the host plan for the right number of guests and ensure that there is enough food and drinks for everyone.
- Dress code: Unless the invitation specifies a dress code, it’s best to dress in casual attire that’s appropriate for the occasion. Avoid wearing anything too revealing or inappropriate for a family-friendly event.
- What not to do: Avoid arriving too early or too late to the party. Be respectful of the host’s home and property. Don’t overindulge in food or drinks, and avoid bringing uninvited guests or children.
- Thank you notes: If you receive a graduation gift, make sure to send a thank you note to the gift-giver. It’s a simple way to show your appreciation and gratitude for their thoughtfulness.
By following these graduation party etiquette guidelines, you can ensure a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
In conclusion, graduation parties are a great way to celebrate the end of a significant chapter in one’s life. With the graduation year of 2023, there are many trends that one can incorporate into their party, including the use of virtual reality entertainment. When planning your graduation party, make sure to consider various activities, games, and entertainment options to ensure an enjoyable experience for everyone. A graduation theme can also add a cohesive look to your decorations, while personalized gifts and party favors can make the event more memorable. Remember to follow graduation party etiquette guidelines and keep in mind some must-haves, including food and decorations. By utilizing these tips and ideas, you can plan a successful and unforgettable graduation party.